Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Spa Country

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 9 January 2010 | Views [508]

After all our hard work, Christmas and New Years celebrations…we decide to treat ourselves to a few days in the spa country. The Daylesford/Hepburn area is about an hours drive away and its renowned for its number of spas and hot springs. It’s the perfect retreat for weary city dwellers who need a few days of pampering in the country. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on a couple hours of treatments, we opt instead to rent a spa cabin that comes equipped with its own jacuzzi, sauna and country side views.

The place is amazing and we’re completely cut off from all communication - no internet, no phone signal, no people…err isn’t this how most horror films start? Fortunately the only thing that tries to attack us is a massive hand size spider I find in the kitchen. "Rich!!! Get this thing out of here!" This manages to stress me out - better go sit in the hot tub with a glass of bubbly. Its about 40 degrees (100F) so we hibernate in our air conditioned cabin, only venturing out to check out the lavender farm and the little town of Daylesford.

After 2 days we are very relaxed and ready to get back to city life.

spa country

spa country

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.