Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Chilly Down Unda

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 22 July 2009 | Views [416]

We've finally made it to the last country on the first leg of our world tour! We're in Oz!!

Our plane lands in Melbourne around 11pm and as we're exiting the plane, we are slapped in the face with unbelievably cold winds. What's going on? This is Australia! Isn't it hot all year round??? Answer: No. As soon as our luggage arrives we dig up our fleeces and scarves from Peru.

Outside we're greeted by our mate Ally, who's moved here from London. This is Rich's best mate and I'm forced to endure a couple minutes of man love as they roll around giggling and crying on the floor - they haven't seen each other in over a year so I guess it's to be expected.

The car ride into Melbourne should take about 30 mins at this time of night, and would have done had Ally been able to find the exit of the airport carpark. A couple of mounted curbs and wrong turns are not enough to put him off though. He stuck to his guns and achieved the impossible. A good 15 mins after boarding the Ally express to Melbourne, we finally leave the airport behind us.

Another mate, Tristan, lives here and he is letting us sleep on his couch until we can find a more permanent home. He's got welcome drinks on the ready and we toast the start of our new adventure in Australia.

All of us at the rooftop bar

All of us at the rooftop bar

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.