Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Swinging through the jungle

COSTA RICA | Sunday, 12 April 2009 | Views [455]

It's Easter Sunday but it doesn't feel like it - no church, no brunch, no chocolate eggs or jellybeans.
So to compensate for what we're missing we go on a Canopy Tour in the morning.  

Canopy tours are connected zip lines above the rain forest. So we zip our way from one platform to another for two adrenaline rushed hours. The tour we go on is supposed to be one of the best in the region and the longest single run is 1.5km. Seriously. It's a lot of fun and you get some amazing views across the top of the forest as you move from tree to tree. There's even a Tarzan swing! Which I had to talk Rich into trying.

The plan for the afternoon was to go horse riding. That was until Alicia spotted a mouse on our bathroom door this morning. After Alicia ran out of the room screaming, "we" decided there'd be no more nights at Pensione St Elena for us. In fact, it might be better to leave the Monteverde area all together. Too much nature for us city folk!  

So that's it for Monteverde. Loads to do and see - if you're a nature lover.

***Also worth a quick mention don't drive back to San Jose on Easter Sunday evening - other people may have the same idea.

canopy tour

canopy tour

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.