Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Nazca Lines

PERU | Friday, 20 March 2009 | Views [490]

Today we leave Ica and quickly make our way to Nasca to see the famed Nasca Lines! This is a highlight for me and I've wanted to see these lines ever since I learned about them in sophomore Spanish class.

We get on the tiny 6 seater plane that will take us on a 30 min. ride over the lines. We've never been in a plane this small so it's really exciting as we take off into the air. After a couple minutes up there, our excitement starts to sour or is it our stomachs? No-one mentioned how bumpy these little planes were or how sick they can make you feel!

The airsickness is momentarily forgotten as we come across the first image. I try in vain to take pictures through the thick window but its useless, I can't get a good angle. As we pass over the other lines, we all try to concentrate on what we're seeing and not on how sick we feel. The guy in the front, sitting next to the pilot finally gives in, we watch as he ejects his breakfast in a plastic bag. Luckily the flight is almost over and we are able to land before anymore mishaps.

Although the lines were interesting to see, I can safely say that is a part of the trip that I won't soon repeat. Now how bout some delioucious Peruvian food, that should make us feel better!

da plane

da plane

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.