Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Where are all the cars??

BRAZIL | Thursday, 5 March 2009 | Views [423]

After a couple days in Praia, we take the ferry/bus/water taxi over to Morro de Sao Paulo, a little island off the coast (not to be confused with the major city). The island of Morro is so small they don't even have cars. You can hire a guy with a wheel barrel to transport your luggage. Or you can be cheap like us (and when I say us, I mean Rich) and lug your backpacks around in the heat for an hour, looking for someplace to stay.

This island is really chilled and laid back. There are four main beaches which you can walk to in succession and the water is unbelievably warm. At night everyone comes out in their linen trousers and beach dresses for dinner at one of the beach side restaurants and/or bars.

It's a lovely place to relax for a couple days, which is perfect because that's all the time we have...

After our time on the beach, we go back to Salvador to get my hair done. We spend 4 hours that night taking out my braids and I spend 8 hrs the next day, getting new ones put in! Ouch!

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.