Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Last day in Nairobi

KENYA | Monday, 3 November 2008 | Views [562]

Before we left the Masai Mara, our new friends, Bobbi and Aziz, invited us to stay with them on our last night and day in Nairobi. We thankfully accepted their offer. It was great staying with them because we hadn’t booked anywhere and plus it’s so nice to stay in an actual home. We miss the sofas, beds and good food that come with a home stay.

We go out for dinner and then have an early night as we are all tired from the long drive back.

The next morning Rich and I sleep in, while Aziz takes Bobbi to work. We’re up by the time he comes back and he cooks us a lovely breakfast and makes some amazing spiced tea.  Luckily he’s not working today so he shows us around town and helps us buy bus tickets for our overnight bus ride to Mombasa.

We spend the rest of the day hanging out at their house, meeting their kids, being pampered with food and even having our clothes washed by their maids. Ahh the good life…

At 10pm they drive us to the bus stop and wait with us until our bus arrives. Aziz speaks to the driver to make sure we’re taken care of, on the bus and when we get to Mombasa. It’s great having friends who can speak the local language!

We say goodbye to our lovely friends from Nairobi and hop on the overnight bus.

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.