Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Sonia's Birthday

INDONESIA | Sunday, 22 March 2015 | Views [258]

Sunday 22 March

The peace and quiet of Nyepi passed at 6am this morning and life resumed on the Island of Bali. Motorbikes buzzed along the  road, the chatter of staff as they went about their tasks floated in the air and it was Sonia's 50 th Birthday.

Birthday congratulations filled the air at breakfast in the morning glow as we celebrated Sonia's birthday. Snokelling was the aim today outside the resort. It is a mixure of old coral and new with regeneration happening slowly but surely . All are well other than an ear infection with Bruce and Hamish that will hopefully settle down . The day was spent swimming and lazing about in this environment of peace and tranquility.  The evening meal was at a Warung next to the resort. Very tasty food with cold Bintangs as well as great staff. A special dessert of Banana Fritters came to the table with lit candle and staff singing Happy Birthday to Sonia. Great way to finish the day.

Monday 23rd March

Up early this morning 7am. Breakfast done then fitted for our snorkelling trip to Mengangan. 15 minute car trip to the harbour then onto a well  worn boat to carry us the 35 minute trip to the snorkelling site. Wowee the drop offs were amazing with the ocean floor 35 metres below us . Fish were varied and plentiful as we glided along the coral shelf  into deeper water then back again watching fish come up from the deep and swim into the Coral shelf. Lunch was a Club Sandwich and a banana on a bit of sand we pulled into. Time seemed to go quickly as we watched the fish go about their daily life oblivious to us entering their habitat. All too soon we were ushered out ofthe water and headed back home. Fantastic day!!

Tuesday 24th March

Last full day today as we leave for Seminyak tomorrow. The weather has been very kind to us as hot sunny days have been with us all through our stay. The night has seen lightening fill the sky over the mountains but no rain. Today is leisure day with nothing set out to do. Sunning and swimming is the  order of the day. The Warung next door gained our patronage for dinner as has been the case for a few nights now. At the end of dinner the waitress gave us all a  wrapped present for our patronage. Very nice . 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.