Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

The Crew

INDONESIA | Saturday, 14 March 2015 | Views [260]

This trip to Bali involves all the "Shields" girls and partners travelling to the beautiful island of Bali to celebrate Sonia's 50th birthday.

A 14 day journey from Lenbongan Island to Pertumaran in the North then back to Seminyak to finish the round trip. Excitement abounds as it is rare for all of us to have the opportunity to travel together.

Saturday 14 March

On the break early.Up at 4.30am and off to the airport by 5.30. Met Kerry, Andrew, Alain and Katrina at Tullamarine then off on time.

Great flight and into the land of smiles. We caught up with Sonia, Bruce and Hamish for the trip to Sanur to meet Wendy and Peter for the trip out to Lembongan Island for 5 nights. Weather is HOT and Humid but a Bintang or 2 helps cool the spirit. All together we boarded "Rocky" for the 20 minute speedboat trip to Lembongan. We are staying at Natural Villa's which is in Mushroom Bay. It is very quiet and peaceful even though to get here was an adventure with the bags annd girl's in one Transport and the Boy's in another. Word is the Girl's driver got lost and a walk to the Villa was then on the agenda. Dinner at the Villa after a swim  was the order of the day then we turned in for the night.

Sunday 15th

Today was a day  of swimming and lazing around getting used to the heat and humidity as well as soaking up some rays of sunshine. The staff are friendly and attentive. A minor mishap occured when Celeste went through a step to our villa. Luckily only a bruise and a stiff back. Could have  been much worse. The rooms are quite dark even with the blinds open but we are getting used to it. The day rolled into the evening. Good night..

 Monday 16

Today we explored Mushroom Bay. It is a beautiful busy bay with boats in and out delivering goods and tourists. The water is clear and warm with a rocky outcrop on the edge of the bay near our laneway.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.