Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Lankawi

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 3 October 2012 | Views [211]

Lankawi at Berjaya

We survived the marathon flight plan and arrived in Lankawi about 7.30 pm. Berjaya is about a 20 minute car ride from the Airport and is located on the Andaman Sea with the mountain range to its back. We have a Rainforest Chalet and it's quite luxurious. So tired we had a meal overlooking the water then crashed for the night. Next morning after a good 13 hours sleep we awoke to a muggy 30 c. Shuttles around the resort run all the time so we rang and 3 minutes later a shuttle was at the door to take us to reception. A shuttle service is used as the resort is spread over vast hilly terrain.  The day was spent exploring our surroundings and swimming. It is a lovely resort with plenty to do or not. We have monkeys and large lizards wandering about which is a novelty but can be a bit of a problem for the resort.

 

    

 
      
 
Thursday, October 4, 2012

Last night we went to a Japanese restaurant attached to Berjaya for dinner. It was very nice although very quiet. The rain started falling and falling. It rained all night. We woke to an overcast day and after saying hello to a few mates (see attached pics ) we headed to breakfast. Getting a bit sunburnt yesterday saw us decide to go a bit further afield,so we jumped in a cab and headed to Kuah Town for some shopping. The cab was a bongo van and Celeste kept sliding off the seat,legs flailing in the air! She blamed her leggings and slippery seat....mmmm. The island feels and looks like Bali with the same good natured locals, buildings similar and Bahasa spoken. Lots of monkeys wandering around in groups on the ground and in trees. We are pretty relaxed as we are not climbing as many stairs now. Tonight we went to Thai for dinner at the end of the jetty at Berjaya. It was a beautiful sunset and the evening was warm, a perfect end to the day.

 
 
 
 
 
 

Our busy schedule of eating,drinking and swimming was interrupted by a trip to the  steepest cable car in the world also a magnificent sky walk. Unfortunately we had to deal with some low cloud when we reached the top but had some fantastic views when the cloud broke briefly. The cable car ran almost vertical with the cliff face at one point and the whole complex is an engineering feat. It was pleasant to move away from the pool this afternoon and prop by the beach for a while,the sea water is warmer too. Have to keep an eye out for stingers though. There is an area that is netted but they still can get through. Oriental Pearl was our choice for dinner,where we dined on Peking duck....very moorish and sooo cheap. We have booked massage treatments for tomorrow and I guess a final pack will see us on our way Monday arriving home in the wee hours of Tuesday. This post marks our final. Thankyou to those who have contributed to comments. This blog will act as our personal travel journey and all your comments will be included as a permanent reminder.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.