Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Dubai

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Tuesday, 2 October 2012 | Views [150]

In Transit

Left Dubrovnik at 5.15am for the airport. How do you be quiet when you are going down two flights of wooden squeaky stairs with luggage? Very slowly is the answer. Dubrovnik looks very pretty under lights with the wall a very imposing structure. Flight to Frankfurt, layover of 6 hours then 6.5 hour flight to Dubai then layover of 3 hours then to K.L. 7 hour flight then to Lankawi another hour. Frankfurt is a huge airport with a 10 minute bus ride between terminals. It is very clinical in its building structure a bit like a giant aircraft hanger but efficient. We were still sane at this point. Flight to Dubai was a good one and sunset looked really nice. Coming into Dubai Celeste and l were amazed at the lighting and patterns of lights that spread across the suburbs stretching out into the desert. It did look very spectacular and showed a different perspective on its " Day look". Starting to tire out now. 1.15am and due to board soon. Four flights and all the transfers in between is probably going to be a real test for both of us.  We are so looking forward to 5 days in Langkawi!

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.