Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Radovljica. Slovenia

SLOVENIA | Wednesday, 19 September 2012 | Views [274]

A Car, A Destination, A Challenge

The day started full of expectation then bang!! "so sorry no sat nav " Its easy for directions! Rubbish.. We searched all around and finally we found a Garmin retailer. We bought a Sat Nav. It only took 2 hours of frustration and a truck boring up my rear end on a street where I was making a turn from the wrong side of the road,the side I am used to, with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car! We set off again tentativley at first then got into the groove. Hey nothing like motoring along at 130 in a shoebox! For the record I wanted a Porche......  we got a Suzuki Swift. Anyhow it is reliable so far. Along the way Sat Nav cracked the sads so instead of checking in to our accomodation we went to see Lake Bled. The journey there was spectacular with mountains,ravines and small towns. Lake Bled is beautiful and after calming down we took a boat out to the island. The scenery was really pretty with the Alps in the background and the water still warm from the summer sun, glistening an opaque blue.We went into the sweet church and rang the bell then decended the stairs back to our boat. Off we went with Sat Nav, now known as Gav the Nav in control. Down the mountain we went along beautiful scenery and feeling a bit more in control. Radovljica was only 15 minutes away according to Gav the Nav then he took us on a tour! Gav was suspended from duty and we asked a local. We found our accomodation eventually ( this will make for another story some day ) and it is absolutley fantastic. Pension Lectar is a family run establishment that is in the old square of Radovljica and it has a working gingerbread shop in the basement that is over 200 years old. Our room has a terrace that looks out onto the valley and across the Austrian Alps. Magnificent!!! The day has been very mixed but right now looking over this beautiful scene it sets the world right. Tonight is beer and dinner in the restaurant downstairs and with baited breath we will head for Plitvice Lakes tomorrow. Gav the Nav better get his act together or we may sack him.

STOP PRESS.. Had the most amazing meal at Hotel Lectar. Farmers meal was a taste plate full of Venison,Pork,Bratwurst, potatoe and a few other things I have no idea.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Slovenia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.