Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Feb 2009

JAPAN | Monday, 16 February 2009 | Views [379]

It's warming up now, yesterday (Sunday 15th) I went riding with the touring club. There are photos in the gallery. It was perfect weather for riding and it wasn't too long, which is good as I was already tired.

We rode a bit over 100 kms, but since it's roughly 25 kms for me to get to the meeting point from where I live up in the mountains it was more than 150 kms for me. Keeping in mind speed limits are low so there's no 100 km zones on the highways, the maximum we get to is 60, and that's not frequent, 50 is more like it, with a lot of stopping and starting. It was around 5 hours actual riding by the time I was done.

We went to eat curry ramen and visit a temple devoted to Tanuki (a kind of raccoon) and to a look out point over the Tone (toe-nay) river.

It was very picturesque and there were gliders flying around whic looked like fun. The English guy wasn't there this time, so it was difficult to communicate, but we more or less got the message across when it was needed.

I went to Tokyo with Marcus a few days ago, it was on wednesday which was a public holiday. We met up with Waka-san and her work friend Haruna-san. Marcus and I ate lunch ate TGI Fridays and we bought some corn chips and other stuff that's hard to find in Gunma. Marcus bought 4 packs of tortillas, so Saturday night we watched a movie and ate mexican food.

Today there are exams all day, so no classes for me. Tomorrow there's only 1 English class all day and I don't have shogakko in the afternoon, so it's another slow day. But I do have 2 ALT days this week, Wednesday and Friday, so that will be good for a change.

Chalisa, a class mate from my course at Deakin, is coming to Japan for a holiday soon, so I will see her in Tokyo. She was very helpful when I visited Thailand last year so i am glad to return the favour and show her around. Not that I know where I'm going, but I can probably fake it for a while.

I'm sure there's other random stuff I could say, but it escapes my mind at the moment.

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.