Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

meetings

JAPAN | Thursday, 22 January 2009 | Views [283] | Comments [2]

The usual ALT meeting has been shifted from Monday to Wednesday. So we won't be meeting on Australia day, I was going to hand out flags :(

I have been asked by the ALT supervisor to come in early and talk about recontracting, he wants to try and keep me on for an extra year. So there may be some restructuring on the cards. I am keeping an open mind, if things are shifted around there may be some new challenges to keep me interested for another year.

That would mean returning to Aus in August 2010 instead of January, but it's no big deal. I could alwways use the chance to buy a nice car for cheap and import it.

I got confirmation from the Edinburgh film festival that they received my entry today, now I have to wait till April for their final decision.

Chalisa, a friend from Thailand, is coming to Tokyo in Feb for a few days, I'm going to take a day of leave and hang out with her.

Comments

1

Hi Peter - wow maybe another year??? I am just recovering from timetabling - I think I have it all in place but my mind is reeling from trying to squeeze iint between possibly four groups of graphic pre-press!!!! It has gone berserk. VTAC under control - I think - about 70 ofers all up waiting on further indication as to acceptances and enrolments, but looking healthy. Animation numbers are down a bit probably due to the course's relative invisibility under the screen production heading. Hope you are feeling good, great to see you briefly in January. Hot and windy today (the weather, not me!) Just had a week at Wye River and really don't want to be back at the office. Stay in touch. See ya.

  Colin Perry Jan 22, 2009 2:54 PM

2

Gday Pete, hope you get your film accepted in Edinburgh,what time of the year is the festival? if it is in August you must try and see the Tattoo it is a really great spectacal even if you dont like bagpipes the setting in front of the castle is great. But on second thoughts I think they run the comedy festival then so maybe the film one is some other time.
Cheers Dad.

  Laurie Allen Jan 22, 2009 5:06 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.