Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

holiday

JAPAN | Wednesday, 29 October 2008 | Views [490]

Yesterday was a holiday for students, but not for teachers. We were all encouraged to take Nenkyu (that's paid holiday) but I don't want to use up my days unnecessarily. I get less than half the days off that I had in Australia and I need them for my trip back and for Easter and summer holidays next year.

So I spent the day in the office with the one other Japanese teacher who had to come in to answer the phones. I got some writing work done for the Holmesglen degree subjects so it was ok.

I got my package of soap and toothpaste from Mum, it's under my desk unopened since I don't really want to open it in the office. Now that I think about it maybe that seems more suspiscious than not opening it.

This coming weekend is a long weekend, we get monday off. I have Japanese class on Saturday that I have to stay for, I should go somewhere but I spent a lot of money last weekend, maybe I'll think of something. I've been saying I'll go to Yokohama for ages, maybe a day trip down there is due.

Looks like I've missed all the halloween parties, they were all on last week and weekend and halloween isn't till Friday. Maybe next year.

Have to go to class now, two students have to come and invite the teachers to come to the classroom a few minutes before each class starts, they just left the staff room so it's time to go.

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.