Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

I thought there would be more onions.

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 23 October 2008 | Views [509]

I went to the Newent Onion Festival. Don't laugh. I am strange, i can admit it, but i like onions and when Hazel at work told me about it i though why not? Emma came to visit that weekend and i dragged her along too! Poor girl didn't know what she was getting herself into!

It was good, but there was a definate lack of onions. I had grand visions of onion everything. Lots of different onion based food to eat- soups, tarts, icecream....onion displays, strange onions i had never seen before, big ones, small ones, onion ballooons.......the posibilities were endless. What i got was quite a large town festival that seemed to mention onions as an excuse. Kind of like lilac time in goulburn. For most people this was perfectly acceptable, a big fair, not bad rides, stores, games, music. It was not about the onions though. I feel the planners have lost their direction, its supposed to be about the onions... They did have a little hall right up the back which had some small onion displays, and one really big onion which was quite cool. There was one stall selling onions and they had an onion eating competition. But i wanted there to be more onions. Thats what i was there for!

Not a bad day. But more onions would have been nice.

Tags: day trips

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.