Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

Double Gloucester

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 23 October 2008 | Views [467]

Ok for a start i'm just going to explain the title. Double Gloucester is a cheese- it is very nice actually. I like cheese and thus thought it would be a nice title for my trip to Gloucester......yeah shut up i know i'm strange. But cheese is nice.

So my first little exploring trip away from Cheltenham. I had decided to go to Gloucester first cos the weekend i went i had seen a food festival advertised and i wanted to go have a look....and taste. The food festival was an utter disappointment. But i didn't mind Gloucester. Yes it is kind of like Cheltenham's poorer, dirtier next door neighbour. But i has a beautiful cathedral, and parts of it is quite nice to walk around (i saw a fair bit of the city centre thanks to my normal lack of direction, ease of getting lost and the fact that as soon as i started getting my bearings i would see something i thought looked interesting and would head off in a totally random direction.

The Cathedral is brilliant. They filmed bits of Harry Potter there in the cloisters and it was awesome seeing it in real life. I got there at the perfect time to do a tower tour so i once again got to climb lots of stairs (must be getting fitter cos it didn't kill me!) and the view was lovely. Well worth it. Would definately reccommend it. After that i had a wander round the rest of the Cathedral, and a cup of tea and a scone. I am so english. Tea love? Milk? Sugar?

A good end to a good day.

Tags: day trips

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.