Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

The Great Collimation Competition

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 11 March 2008 | Views [664]

Work is starting to become a lot more enjoyable. This afternoon we had a little competition amongst ourselves. Let me explain. In the UK they are ridiculously anal about radiation protection (which i suppose is a good thing) they have this thing called the irmer regulations which seems to be the bane of every radiographers existance. So this afternoon we were a little bored and decided to make things interesting. We had a competition to see who could do the most films with all 4 collimation marks on them (i repeat, yes we were bored). I of course was team Australia, we had the A Team, the Purple Cobras, the super duper xray woman and woweeee aimeee. It certainly made the afternoon very interesting . And i can quite confidently say that we turned out some of the most beautifully collimated images i have ever seen. We were the kings of radiation protection. I am afraid to say i didn't win (i didn't lose either) so i would like to apologise to all the australian radiographers out there. In my defence i only got to xray  4 patients in the whole competition - we weren't ridiculously busy and we were practically beating each other out of the way to get to the work to try and outdo each other. And the patients i did get to do included an old lady with a ridiculously painful looking femur fracture and a guy for a pelvis who was about 6 foot 2. I don't think i did too badly considering.

The competition continues afresh tomorrow.

Go team Australia

 

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.