Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

But wait there's more!

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 3 March 2008 | Views [547] | Comments [1]

I suppose not all of my trip to Southampton to buy shoes was all misery. I did have a lovely day shopping apart from the continuous yearning i had for lovely shoes. I finally had the time and opportunity to buy myself a nice umbrella. Ridiculously expensive to what it was but it is red/maroon and it has sheep on it. And well....i liked it!

My find for the day had to be a lovely australian rubgy windsheeter jacket. I have been looking about for one and was will to spend a few quid to get a good one. Then i saw that it was £8. Bugger getting a good alpine durable fantastic goretex waterproof to 1000m one. I got a wallabies jacket for £8. I guess thats the advantage of being a foreigner over here. Not much competition for bargains like that.

Other purchases for the day included a lovely pair of red thongs for £1....they a cool and have stars on them. I think they were a purchase based on defiance of convention due to the trauma i had faced in having to buy sensible black shoes when there was so many other interesting ones about. Thats karma i suppose.

I also finally got some of my perfume that i wear after saying goodbye to my last bottle in Australia (i hope you are enjoying it big blister!). So i now smell nice, as opposed to smelling like nivea for men. (which does smell quite ok actually but this smells much better)

My shopping day ended back in Winchester watching the end of a rugby game that a guy at work was playing in. What can I say about the game......they tried hard, everyone got really into it......but i hope that the ball was slippery, otherwise poms can't catch.

Tags: Shopping

Comments

1

Yes, I am loving it dear!

  Your Big Blister Mar 26, 2008 7:24 PM

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.