Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Pochote Beach 5-8th of December 2012

COSTA RICA | Friday, 14 December 2012 | Views [657]

Sweet shade, perfect temperature at Pochote Beach

Sweet shade, perfect temperature at Pochote Beach

Three days off the bicycle before heading into the hills for the goal of this year: San José. We spend them at Pochote Beach on the peninsula of Nicoya. 

It is December and no sign of Santa for all I can tell. My sensors are out for summer, beach and warm ocean and that is what we got!!!
Finally, se treem häs kom tru! (This is me faking a German accent!) 
RELAXING, getting the old muscles and bones ( and brain) to CHILL OUT.
The pacific in this little bay is as warm as a bathtub with nothing else to do, but lay around and not freeze in or out of the water. Soft warm sand and sweet sounding waves. I can walk way out into the water - shallow water to hang .....nothing to bother - not even mosquitos, jelly fish, sharks or tourists. Go ahead, don't believe me, I can hardly believe it myself. 
Staying a day longer after we thought we rested enough- these busy bodies are not to be trusted, they just want to go, go, go....the bike fits; getting back on it after a hard day of riding is no problem. Bike and body mold, fit, seek each other, but everybody who read the past entries around "worn thin" knows what I mean.
Eureka!!

 

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.