Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

The night at the caves.

MEXICO | Friday, 5 October 2012 | Views [663]

Little stinky got soaked over night at the grutas de cacahuamilpa.

Little stinky got soaked over night at the grutas de cacahuamilpa.

The night at the caves of Cacahuamilpa

 
The night woke us up with thunder and lightning - the  tent lit up like a christmas tree. I have to say, I was scared - especially when the thunder roared across the sky and all around. I was reminded of when I was a little girl and my father woke me up and took me outside on the balcony and made me look at the beauty of natures light show. I was contemplating to take my scared self out of the  tent and onto the stage, but, I thought a little further and the idea of getting completely soaked (it poured in buckets) and crawling back in the tent really didn't appeal to me. - Point well taken, dear Daddy, that is all I have to say.
Oh, no, there was something else going on that night.......THE  BADGER!!! Yes, a badger (we learned later from the care takers of the grounds...) took and ate not only our breakfast ( I already had cut up some yummy papaya), but our entire food supply. Opened the sippers of the panniers, lids and jars and ate away - gone, sip zero nothing left for us the next morning!
Neither of us heard a peep! During the thunder? Or after,  or when?...... Another part of Mother Nature - might as well take it all in and marvel!

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.