Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

If you share a cookie....

MEXICO | Friday, 5 October 2012 | Views [753]

cheese fondue dinner at a Swiss restaurant in Valle de Bravo with the Germans

cheese fondue dinner at a Swiss restaurant in Valle de Bravo with the Germans

....with a German in Mexico ....

he most likely will ask you to join him for dinner in a swiss restaurant.
Our road took us to Valle de Bravo. South of Mexico City a place where the weary, rich Mexicans from Mexico City take rest or a vacation or even have a house to escape to.
The "feeling" changed!
Big walls around fancy houses, suspicious and sometimes even downright unfriendly people. ..while the landscape was most beautiful. The lake with the same name of the village is surrounded by mountains- no easy access, but the distant beauty could have taken my breath away if it wouldn't have been so damn cold ( all right, it was maybe mid 60s at night - but that just is to cold for me!)
I heard German words while getting my rain gear out and stumbling across some cookies I still had in my bag, I offered one to the german speaking man and he took it- his wife and daughter came out of the store and we started talking ( in English) - he invited to treat us for a cheese fondue in a nearby Swiss restaurant - and we took it.
Nice, very nice and that was it, that's the story morning glory ......

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.