Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Surly fast girl.

MEXICO | Saturday, 8 September 2012 | Views [1030]

Temacapulin dries it's chilis on top of the roofs.

Temacapulin dries it's chilis on top of the roofs.

Surly fast girl
A "field" trip north of Guadalajara to a little chili village with a hot spring called Temacapulin. Bernardo from CC, James and I rode our bikes on the cuota (the toll highway where cyclists are not allowed - after all we are in Mexico where the rules are invisible, or at least kind of "see through".)
Leaving G in the pouring rain to be awarded by the beauty of the country side in spectacular weather just outside of the city.
Plenty of food for the lunch pot luck. Aahhhh - to let the eye see far and let the lush green sink into the brain, smell the air, the heart is singing. City's are great and I especially love G, but variety helps appreciate it all.
We rode soft rollers (ups and downs, but not steep and dramatic) and whenever I passed Bernardo, he called me "Surly fast girl" 
The sweet village of Temacapulin is in trouble. A damn is supposed to be build and the village destroyed. The obvious reasons are not logical and the real reasons are hidden, but this is how politics work as we know it. Casa Ciclista crew is on it, spreading the word about the fate of this town that existed already before the Missionaries took over.
The chili festival and it's chilies......yep, it's more about the pictures as you can imagine......so, later.... 
James and I rode our loaded bikes back to G on Monday the 27th of August, riding through the most pristine landscape, climbing up to over 2000 m again and down to river valleys, sleeping at a little ranch where three very shy women seem to live with a little baby. They didn't know what to do with us, but, we got to pitch our tent and were spared thunder and rain for that night and the next day....sweet! 

Tags: the village of temacapulin

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.