Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Past entries - Baja, San Ignacio

MEXICO | Thursday, 16 August 2012 | Views [984]

....with big, loud toads....especially at night.....

....with big, loud toads....especially at night.....

Friday, June 22nd
Ready to leave this fog town. A days rest was good, but this place has nothing more to offer and the gray/cold is getting to me.
Huevos verde - good breakfast and off we go back into the desert - flat as "piss on a plate"  across Baja to the Sea of Cortez . This part of the desert was boring - trash, high winds and fog ...at least it was a tail wind for us and after 90 miles a true oasis called San Ignacio took our breath away. This place first looked like a mirage - the kind of stuff you see in the movies: Palm trees and a blue, fresh lake. I had to jump in before the tent was set up, but not before we cycled into town to the main square and had ice cream and marveled at the incredible trees and old mission......a place to remember......it's like the green became greener, the blue become bluer since we haven't seen any natural color for so long...
At night, after the kids laughter went to sleep, some - they most be incredibly big - noisy makers, like TOADS kept me wondering what a creature looks like that makes noises like that.
Here is the link to a video I recorded for the noises at night (no picture)
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10150937001794093&l=8863085719182756109
We didn't leave this wonderful place until I got to find out. (see pictures)

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.