Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Guadalajara

MEXICO | Monday, 6 August 2012 | Views [853]

rounding up the day with food and music.
left to right:
James, me, Marina, Ernesto, Bernardo, Maqui

rounding up the day with food and music. left to right: James, me, Marina, Ernesto, Bernardo, Maqui

What a town, what a place to be!

There is something to be said about when you are in a place where you can say: I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now! Right now, this is the right place for me and I am here - Like: "this is the shape and I am in it" - yeah, AND I like it!!

This town is progressive, young, alternative, inspiring in so many ways.

We are staying in the Casa Ciclista. A pro cycling organization which has been in operation for 2 years. It seems like a bicycle shop, but they do much more than that.

James and I are actually staying in "the shop" in a loft and are as snug as a bug in a rug - though, maybe, not everybody would think so, but sleeping on porches with the police radio in our ears and the wind, thunder and lighting rattling the tent, this is quite luxurious...

Downtown with it's spectacular architecture and inspiring museums is "right around the corner"

Today was car free Sunday (like every Sunday from 8-2)and two major roads in and through downtown G. are closed to motorized vehicles.

Everybody, their mother, father, brother, sister, cousin and all the kids where on these roads today - about 100km of it.

What a happy,happening town!

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.