Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Nombre De Dios

MEXICO | Friday, 27 July 2012 | Views [681]

finally some nature near Nombres de Dios. On our way to Zacatecas.

finally some nature near Nombres de Dios. On our way to Zacatecas.

Saturday the 21st - left town weak and weary, but the sun was out and the short ride to Nombre De Dios easy. It was good to be on the bike again and stop feeling sorry for myself - thunder in the distance, thunder in my body. Shit, how uncomfortable....didn't know what to eat, but gotta eat something! CHOCOLATE - but nausea kept me away from it, that says something...
The little town was cute, but we slept in our tent by the muddy, but beautiful river...feeling safe after talking to the local police and getting permission. Good night sleep - but the thunder keeps rumbling.
Late start 'cause nature is healing and doesn't require hurry - still weak, but ready to go...the road here on the high plateau is easy with a shoulder, traffic all right...elevation hovers around 6200 feet.  
Lot's of beautiful, red, good smelling earth, in fact, the air is beautiful too, warm, soft, cool at times - very healing in between garbage and human waste, dead cows, horses, donkeys - all sorts of creatures on the side of the road.

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.