Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Staying next to a Monastary in Hile

NEPAL | Wednesday, 24 June 2009 | Views [1323]

Found a lodge next to a buddhist monastary. When we first arrived, we thought somebody is playing with a microphone and doesn't know that the speakers where on outside (you know when kids play with microphones, right?) It turned out to be some kind of celebration - some chanting in between the weird eclectronic noises ( which seemed like an electronic problem...) continued until 12 midnight and when it started up again the clock showed 4:30am. I couldn't tell if I slept at all............Now the noises of the monastary (LOUD) were combined with the snorting, snuffeling, gulping and gurgeling of the surrounding guests -all men- in the hall (where the sink and the mirror were located). Another form of torture - amazing how many there are when you take a trip and be open for adventure.....And soon we'll be in the 17 hour bus ride to Kathmandu, but one thing was clear: the buddhist monastary experience made me want to go out and KILL!!!!!somebody or something that is still ALIVE!!

The bus people ( when I got the tickets in advance they ask me where we were staying) came two hours early to pick us up with a mini bus, with the excuse that there were problems with the real bus- we rushed and were on our way - changed in a bus in a lovely town (forgot the name). We ate lunch (Dhal Bhat - isn't that funny - now that we had more choices?) and chocolate and injoyed a few hours in the hustle and bustle of others. 

The real bus now actually left on time. Though if you don't have trust in any of the drivers, you better never ride in any kind of vehicle in Nepal!

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.