Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Another world...

NEPAL | Friday, 5 June 2009 | Views [770]

Thursday 4/30/09 We left well rested and fed – on the way out we were addressed by a Sherpa in a panic – he gestured us to come inside the house on the side of the trail communicating in some way that he needed medicine for his friend. A man sitting on a bed inside the house pulled up his pants and showed us his injured leg - Gita and I were of the same opinion that the lower leg was broken and out of alignment. It was swollen from the knee to the ankle – dark purple with blisters on the skin, even though the skin wasn’t broken. It was a horrific sight. The man must have been in a lot of pain, but he was calm and gathered, his eyes a bit glossy though. I had Ibuprofen for him, but Gita and I pressed the issue that they needed a doctor and a hospital as soon as possible. It would take at least a day or two for this man to get some help. This whole experience gave us the awareness of the fact that we are in a very different world – away from our lives of help in way of ambulance, hospitals, Doctors and therefore a sense of security.

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.