Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Back in Namche - a little civilization

NEPAL | Monday, 1 June 2009 | Views [798]

 

4/28/09 day 19th

……………..but they were good, real good. I tell you, when you get really hungry, even if you eat potatoes every day, you just want them so bad and then they still taste good every time. You think you don’t ever want potatoes ever again – surprise!!! But they were hot as in spicy and I had to get up at night and drink water.

We are going down, back to Namche Bazaar and it is getting warmer. Ama made us feel like coming home, even though she had lots to do and a full house of guests, but happy to see us.

A little internet, a shower (not as good as the first experience a week ago when we came through)  - water was luk warm, I guess Ama was in a hurry to get us all clean. She has to heat the water on the stove and then – bucket by bucket , fill it in the bigger container for the shower. Got to wash some clothes and stock up on chocolate – had a good meal, stopped at the bakery and even though it is cloudy again, the world looks a little brighter after that long hard day yesterday – and today wasn’t much easier.

I have high expectations to sleep well tonight.

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.