Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Resting

NEPAL | Tuesday, 26 May 2009 | Views [773]

4/20/09 Monday day11th

I sent off some mail in – what looked like – a private living room: The post office. The nice clerk said it will take about 2 weeks for the  B’day wishes to Kipp and Sadie (now that I am transferring my journal onto the computer screen, I can tell you that the mail still hasn’t arrived – counting more than 4 weeks now, it being May 25th…..)

Feels good to stay put, take a shower and sort through my stuff, examine my sore body thoroughly and take some actions to help it recover fast. I already got a burnt nose too.

Later: Walked through town, ate some dry bakery goods at the German bakery, talked to an Australian trekker who was heading up to Everest base camp in SANDALS. (OK, the locals go barefoot and in flip- flops). After walking twice through town, buying some chocolate and some poles dodging tourists, I feel like I have seen it all.

Time to rest and read (isn’t as easy as it sounds when you been moving constantly in the recent past). I am reading “Holy Cow” by Sarah MacDonald. Some parts of the book are quite entertaining : Just read about her experience at the Vipassana Institute in Australia. The only difference was, that I was surrounded by Indian women with a couple of exceptions, other than that the description was pretty accurate to my own experience.

The clouds have fogged us in – it’s been a LONG resting day………………

Tags: picture at a mani wall (prayer wall)

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.