Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

In the train, the bus to Khajuraho

INDIA | Wednesday, 1 April 2009 | Views [1475]

Leaving Agra in the morning, waiting for the train , we found ourselves surrounded by begging children - one holding a baby! We had bought food for the journey, only to find ourselves giving it to the children how really appreciated it!
The train ride was followed by a seemingly never-ending - bus ride (mainly, because after - what seemed already like all day - we saw a sign, which said: Khajuraho 3 km, but as it turned out, it was probably a two digit ##) On top of it, I got a bit bothered by a guy sitting next to me - I really wasn't in the mood...........(When would I be?)
We did make it through the bumpiest night so far, but got rewarded with a very nice and very cheap Yogi Guest House.
I got up early to see what this free yoga class was all about and found myself - after another bumpy ride in the rickshaw - oposit a young, handsome Indian fellow, who was asking me what I was looking for.
I stumbled with my answer, I didn't want to say I just wanted to stretch my weary, tired limbs, but somehow managed to say it anyways, in spite of myself and wound up with a one hour lecture about soul, mind and detachment. Not bad all together, in fact, pretty impressive. I got a chai and 4 poses which completed my 2 hour free yoga experience for the day...........Oh, and I got myself talked into meeting his guru the next day - early in the morning again, of coures........so, stay tuned..........
The rest of the day, I spent with Gita and Larry wandering through and around the temples of Indo - Aryan architecture and it's very detailed carved sculptures of erotic, sensuous figures of men, gods, goddesses, warriors, musicians, real and mythological animals. This must have been a culture of beauty and sensuality - the women are so very full and georgeous. The tempels were build around 900 - 945. A feast for the eye - truely.
After lunch, I wandered around by myself again, getting invited for chai here and there - this time I seemed to have collected men on my walk through town..............where are the kids?

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.