Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

A weekend with Coby

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Saturday, 21 February 2009 | Views [640]

Today, Coby and I took a trip out on the bikes (he rented one, because his bike hasn’t arrived yet…………..)

All the way down the Corniche, past the Emirates Palace to the big Marina Mall (where I still couldn’t get the books I was looking for – that was my last try……….).

We found a “whole in the wall” and took the bikes out over some sand to the edge of the water – that all reminded me of the movie: “The Truman show”  --if you know what I mean?

For dinner we went to a Lebanese restaurant in the hotel we stayed in last October. The place opened at 10pm – more people arrived for dinner that night around 12 midnight – the place is probably open all night. Belly dancing, singing – even the audience got up to dance and sing. Seems like people knew the songs – some of them sang along……………….To me it blended all together and after a while it sounded all the same – just so very different than what my ear is used to hearing, that’s for sure. Still very enjoyable – especially watching the people. Now, you would think in a hotel like that, you would see some “westerners” or at least a bunch of tourists, but I almost got the feeling we were the only ones(there was not another blond person in the room). The waiter was acting as if he had made the food himself and this is something I have noticed in restaurants around here in general………………….these people are proud to serve you “their” food………………so attentive and happy. Very pleasant!

The belly dancer has a belly – really something to wiggle around……………..

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.