Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

The Story about India

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Saturday, 21 February 2009 | Views [696]

Yesterday I learned that I need a visa for India, so I had to cancel the flight for tomorrow and since Friday and Saturday are like Saturday and Sunday here, I have to wait until Sunday to find an Indian consulate to apply for a visa –bummer…………..- I hope I can just walk in and get it (being a German, I have rough experiences with visa application – we used to have to wait for a one day visiting visa to east Berlin for six month and even then, it was sometimes denied without any reason – ok, that was about 100 years ago, I admit it.)

Got all packed and ready to go and now?

But I do get some more time with Coby ( who is hardly seen during the week – he has a 45 hour week and working every bit of it) and we went out to dinner last night with Marco our roommate. Have I mentioned him? He is an architect from Sicily working for the same company Coby works for – going to dinner again today, because the manager invited us to eat in a Lebanese restaurant.

The food is excellent around here – even some strange looking fast food places at some sleazy corner of town (if there actually is such a thing) have food you can’t get enough of. Toboule is soooooooooooo yummy, and there is hummus and babaganouch – how do you spell those things anyways? We always get way too much and then don’t feel good about asking for “doggy bags”. The prices are reasonable – cheap compare to Marin, that’s for sure!

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.