Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

We are three, together and on the road.

USA | Sunday, 24 February 2019 | Views [370] | Comments [1]

San Clemente, CA 2/23/2019

Three very different characters with the same passion for cycling, (but maybe even slightly different styles of cycling/touring). We have pretty much similar world views..... an architect, a social worker and a doctor. In the USA, people are generally defined by their professions. None of us are working in our fields anymore, but we have our characters - to some extend - shaped by our professions. Even if it is easy to get along, you still have to practice your world peace right in front of your own “door” - if you believe in whirled peas, that is.
On such close proximity as we are night and day, words, gestures...all such human behaviors - are emphasized and you can watch your own soap opera (emotions) behind your own eyes. 
I love it! I love watching myself go through thoughts and feelings and coming out of the side I want to come out of: let’s make it happen! Show the world, show yourselves how to be with each other and be an example. Us? We are so much alike...my thoughts are running in the direction of: how would it be - as a serious homework - to travel and to be with humans who are not so like minded? I am not going to do it, anyways...just thinking (out loud)
Here we are in San Clemente, resting. I think about how heavy my Gurly is. I think about each and every little thing I am carrying and not willing to give up.
I actually don’t see the reason. Those rollers for the last 15 miles were a good example how momentum is on my side with a load like that. I am going to keep it that way. I’ve got nothing in my bags that I don’t want. From the special bead, my friend Anne gave me, to the iPad/kindle/camera/iPhone/GoPro and all their attachments, to my foot scraper and everything in between. Especially the mounts of chocolate I’ve been given on our departure day. The supply is NOT dwindling, because I keep replenishing.
Other thoughts: Last night, I woke up, excited and happy about the last 4 years and NOW! The time leading up to this weren’t just stepping stones to get here. My friendships got deepened my home in my little bubble gives me strength and stronger roots to reach out further into the world. 
Sitting here - writing - humbled and thankful to the core of my being.

Comments

1

I love this one, Margit! And I love you!

  Elizabeth irvine Feb 25, 2019 5:09 AM

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.