Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Huancayo (from 15th of August - leaving on the 20th of August)

PERU | Monday, 26 August 2013 | Views [719]

Sunday Dance in Huancayo

Sunday Dance in Huancayo

Now, I am sad to leave this place. We keep extending, but it is really time to go!

From the moment we arrived, this buzzing city feels right in so many aspects. First of all it has a range of restaurant. One can eat a bit "fancy" with higher prices and more variety , one can eat traditional (which is chicken in various forms), one can eat "outlandish" like vegetarian and one can eat street food and market food which is cheap and absolutely yummy!
Our hotel off the center of the city, at a quiet little plaza, run by a sweet family, is pleasantly clean and quiet with excellent beds and reliable hot water and internet (not always reliable, but good enough). This homey atmosphere is hard to beat. Venturing out to town I catch myself wanting to get back and hang in the room wanting to eat chocolate.
The morning of our departure our hostess Rosa was close to crying......
 
And then we had a picture date with all at the plaza....look at all this craziness:
We are all riding to Cusco: The swiss family with their two small children and a bunch of other crazies. Though it was only Waldemar, Indre, James and I who stuck together - bumping into the other cyclists every once in a while...It's like a cycle highway to Cusco...anybody thought we were the only ones?
The road ahead is not too hard I read...off we go, the virgin pavement is waiting for us.
 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.