Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Sálima on the 16th of May

ECUADOR | Friday, 24 May 2013 | Views [591]

A whole bunch of boys....and a whole lot of fun in Salima

A whole bunch of boys....and a whole lot of fun in Salima

No boat to Cojimies - the river looked way too dry. The local police was confident we could find a small "launcha" so we placed ourselves at the muddy banks of the river and waited. The day was young and soon we had attracted our usual crowd - this time young boys between maybe six and 16 years old. I counted more than 20 kids at some point (not all wanted their picture taken). I got in "Playgroup mode" and started performing some tricks and fun stuff and couldn't stop laughing and having a blast. These kids could't get enough and neither could I. We spend a whole hour and a half doing finger tricks and making funny noises with grass blades and fists. How refreshing to just play and laugh!! Kids are the best!!!

Time went past so quickly and the end of the day was near - we spend the night - once again- at the police station on the roof top overlooking the river watching a beautiful sunset. We saw a boat approaching and ran down to acquire about getting a ride, but the captain looked uninspired and gave us a ridiculous price of $20 - we let the idea go and planned to ride simply down the road the next day to find a suitable place for my upcoming birthday.  
 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.