Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Talk to the hand (April 14th)

COLOMBIA | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [669]

feeling spunky.

feeling spunky.

We reunited with our bikes, made some repairs, figured our way out of town and then I had a conversation with my body: 

What, we are doing THAT again?I thought we were done and you went back to riding sanely on the weekends with your pretty little road bike and your fun mountain bike with front suspension - short sweet rides at times.
Me: Yes, we are not done with this trip to the end of the world - only half way.
Body: All day, up and down, riding the distance, getting too cold, getting too hot, raining, blasting sun......?
me: yes!
Body: Well, I am going to ache you out of your mind (or body?) and I am starting right now!
Me: Come on! I am going to have to ignore you - I REALLY want to do this and you need to get used to it again. I know you can do it. Only give me a sign if it is something serious, OK?
Body: How about I make your fingers hurt, like the joints and wrists and your shoulder...you put too much weight on them and you are going to feel your age (as in arthritis). You are not in your 20th or 30th anymore, you know?
Me: I thought of a lot that could hurt, but my hands? That just ain't fair. I need my fingers to shift and use the brakes a lot, please bare with me!!
Body: nope! 
Me: This is the first day out of Bogota, I got 10 more month to go and you need to get used to it and don't let me down right now. I need you!
Body: Just wanted to make sure your doing what your really want - giving you a way out. Hands and fingers are very important and I just wanted you to pay attention!
Me: Thanks for only hurting the first day! The second day was a hard ride, but you let me work it and I am pretty darn happy. Please stay calm and healthy - I will do my very best to take care of you! Carry me on my bike to Tierra Del Fuego. We got lots to do and it will be GREAT!

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.