Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Leaving home again (we spent four weeks in CA, left our bikes in Bogota)

COLOMBIA | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [794]

My girl and I

My girl and I

A mixture of excitement - can't wait to leave.

But also the tugging of my heart strings - I wanna stay and be with my loved ones- home. It hurts like it hurts. The idea of building a life, a home is close, fuzzy and warm. The thought of it is more like a feeling combined with a desire to stay with the family and friends I need around me, holding and being held.
Now in the airplane I smell the freedom to do and go to the end of the world.
At night we see the same moon - the same sun is warming our skin- we are never really far from each other! So I go, I fly and my adventurous mind is already taking over.....what next? I can't WAIT to sit on my bicycle and pedal into new worlds. The world is so beautiful and I like to "sniff around" in all corners of it. Spread my energy throughout of it. Couldn't be better than doing it on and bicycle. Slow enough to stay connected to the immediate surroundings, fast enough to get a little leeway and feel like I have gotten somewhere in one day (as in not looking at the same mountain for days - compared with the speed of walking). It's just good, very good!

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.