Existing Member?

Big Small Journey Off on the adventure of my lifetime: 5 glorious months of sun and snow in South America, then the UK for further fun and frolicking.

Oh my feet hurt

ARGENTINA | Monday, 10 March 2008 | Views [781]

Because of the rain and crappy planning yesterday, didn't get to go to Recoleta Cemetery as I had hoped to. Got home about 5 last night, and while leaving the party at Roxy was just at it's peak. BA-ers, "Puertinos", go hard and they go late.

First stop of the day was the Cemetery. The monuments there to the dead were very very impressive. Some were very grand. A lot of rich, famous, dead Argentines are buried there, including Eva Peron, or Evita. Some guy Paz who apparently started the first newspaper in the world also rests there.

After the Cemetery, I walked, then bused, subway-ed, bused, then walked again, to get to Feria de Mataderos (Matadeors Fair). By the end of all that effort, I was expecting a whole suburb full of market stalls, cheap food, street performers, and most importantly of all, herds of horses and a whole clan of gaucho. Do you know what I go? 2 plastic horses.

A somewhat disappointment, but I did encounter the cuuuuuutest puppy. It was about the size of a vietnamese bread roll, about the same orangey colour too. It had a great love for nibbling on my hand, and was soft and wonderful. I wanted so much to knock down the little boy who owned it, and take it home with me.

Tonight was a somewhat disappointment as well, went searching for a tango show in San Telmo, but missed 2 shows by a few minutes each time, and ended up walking around the square watching the milonga dancers. These were the amateur Tango dancers, some were pretty good, but nothing like the little bit of the show I saw last Sunday. Tango is a BA thing as well, the rest of the country is into the style "forho" (spelling?). Means I'll have to come back here again :)

Tags: adventures

 

About luchinko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.