Existing Member?

Big Small Journey Off on the adventure of my lifetime: 5 glorious months of sun and snow in South America, then the UK for further fun and frolicking.

Roxy Rox my Sox

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 9 March 2008 | Views [1280]

Damn busy day for me today. I went into La Boca in the morning to see the famous colourful houses at Caminito. It was very pretty, God even graced me with a few flashes of sunlight, so I think I took some pretty pictures. I bought some artware, and then headed over to the Museo de Arte Latinoamericana Buenos Aires (MALBA). It was really cool, saw a few things that really inspired me. Including this moving art piece (not sure about the proper terms) where 7 arms on the thing rotated at different speeds, and between each adjacent pair there was a shiny, silver, flat, flexible, round hoop. They distorted and changed shapes as the arms spun. It's hard to discribe but I sat there for a few minutes just watching and appreciating it's slow morphisism. There was another piece where there was 3x3x3 cube, and lights turned on and off in it randomly, it was really interesting as well. It was all a good until I left the museum, when it started raining. I walked home in the rain. It wasn't fun.

Vamsi and I had dinner at a random place we found in Alto Palermo, just one suburb down, an Argentine-Chinese fushion thing. For the first time in so long, I had vegetables! It was stir fried and very delicious.

That night we went to Roxy, a night ran by a friend of a friend of Kathy's. Lots of music I knew like Placebo, Bowie, Bjork, Nelly Furtado, Black Eyed Peas, Justin Timberlake, ... ahhhh.. familiarity is liking right? Well it was very familiar, and I liked it muchly.

All this craving for familiar things... I must be missing home... just a little.

Tags: adventures

 

About luchinko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.