Existing Member?

Big Small Journey Off on the adventure of my lifetime: 5 glorious months of sun and snow in South America, then the UK for further fun and frolicking.

Lesson 2 in Relaxation

BRAZIL | Tuesday, 12 February 2008 | Views [530]

Lesson 1 was walking slowly, lesson 2 is learning to do nothing. It is a difficult lesson to learn. I practised all morning and believe I have improved. Basically you look at a spot on the wall, set your hammock swinging, and try not to stare too hard and go cross-eyed. Eventually your forehead will relax, and you will begin to get drowsey and fall asleep. That is the desired effect.

I didnt go to the beach today, skin is still pink from all the recent sun exposure. I will give it time to heal.

This afternoon I leave for Rio de Janeiro (hurray!!). Its an 18 hour bus trip, hopefully get there midday tomorrow. But knowing the buses in Brazil, it will take 20 hours or more.

Oh, I found the friends I lost on the way over from Salvador. Last night, I was walking around town wearing the Nega Maluca shirt (hostel in Salvador, everybody got one as souvenir). A girl recognised me, she had the shirt, and brought me to her friends, and there I found the missing duo. I told them about my stupidity getting off at the wrong stop, and we had a good laugh. Then I met the rest of their group. It was about 30 strong, and consisted of mostly Aussies.

I had a few caipirinhas, a few beers, and this morning woke up with a woozy head. Hangovers, I have discovered, help you learn the lessons of Relaxation. Hope you try it at home too.

Oh, I found my

Tags: Adventures

 

About luchinko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.