Existing Member?

Big Small Journey Off on the adventure of my lifetime: 5 glorious months of sun and snow in South America, then the UK for further fun and frolicking.

Carefreedomness

BRAZIL | Monday, 11 February 2008 | Views [472]

What an amazing day it was. I woke up to the sound of rain, it was very early, but by the time I got up it had stopped and the sun was out and it was warm. I got up early, had a huge breakfast and walked down to Praia do Mucuge (Mucuge beach), and headed south for many hours. I swam, sat, chased crabs, read, ate food, was worshipped by a Brazilian guy who wanted to buy me drinks (but declined, I wanted to walk), swam some more, then on the way back, went paragliding! It was excellent, just swinging about by the 40m cliff, we went up to 60m according to Alex, the paragliding guy. It was a nice 20 minutes of a birds eye view of the world. Was lovely.


Then I walked back to the hostel, had a shower, and am here now.

Several times today I caught myself walking very quickly - the Sydney pace. I sternly tell myself to slow down, and not be in a hurry, and find it much easier to relax and loose track of time this way. Its a good thing.

Tomorrow I have an afternoon bus to Rio de Janeiro, its an 18 hours ride so might be less relaxed later...

Tags: Adventures

 

About luchinko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.