Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Juggling 2 jobs, new visa, new flat & still having fun

VIETNAM | Thursday, 14 March 2013 | Views [465]

Geeze this week is just half way through and I'm tiered.

Tim and I were round at Sunny's on Tuesday night with the others, and after dinner we spoke to the landlord about taking one of the rooms this weekend.. All is good, but he doesn't want me staying untill Devon moves out which isn't for another month leaving me homeless as I was taking Devons room, but he's changed his plans and staying another month. I mean its totally fair enough, but its left me in limbo and I'm probably gona have to move into a hostel! hhhhmmm

We get home and Tim just suggests we get our own place. I mean wow, this is fast, but it makes sense. I do feel bad as he's wanted to get into that house for ages and I'm worried he's making a daft move just for the sake of me.. but he's adimant and we start looking online.

We actually find a few nice looking places and we make arrangements with the landlords to come over to view.

I manage to get out of work for our first viewing in west lake, and I'm pretty pumped, west lake is awesome in the French quater near the water, very hipster and artsy aaaaaand the room looks awesome with a huge balcony- which is good for Tim and his poi, circus tricks..

As I pull up Tim's there already with the guy and we drive a few minutes down the road to the flat. Its on the top floor and straight away I love it, so airy and bright, fully furnished and the balcony will be amazing in summer, its huge.. We can do so much with that space, few hammocks etc... Having said that we didn't wana just jump straight in without looking at the others. The same landlord took us further down the road to view 2 more places.They were nice, bit more but still fair priced, but in fairness there was just TOO much space for what we have.. We're still on room 1.

Heading back to work we clean a few bikes and I head over to the school for afternoon class. I'm so iered by this point and neck a red bull! The classes went well. First class was a bit bigger than last week, but they were fun to teach and they were happy and keen with the games we played. Second class was a bit more tiersome as 3 of the boys in there had such bad English and 2 others were near perfect at 11! Still we played games and it went well, but I'm glad to be finished.

I head over to our other viewing, and meet the guy and his boss and drink some tea, and not long after Tim arrives. The flat is ok, nice space, but its dark? We look at each other and just know its room1.. BAM! When we leave I text the guy and by the time we arrive back in the old quater for dinner, he and Tim are organising times to meet tomorrow so he can sign the contract. So stoaked!

We meet up with Flo and Lucas and have a nice dinner. We have luc lak and its amazing. Its like chips, cubes of beef onion and tomatoe in gravy.. Its intense! hahaha. Tim is tiered and I am too, so we head home and watch some tv and head to bed, this week is tiring me out and tomorrows going to be a long day with 2 jobs, packing and band practice! Its gona be fun mind, having a few people over to have some drinks at the studio :):)

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.