Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

In need of clothes ASAP!

VIETNAM | Friday, 22 February 2013 | Views [358]

Get woken up at 9am by Bini asking me if I wana grab some brekkie.. Seems daft to chimp out in bed all day, so I get up and come downstairs. Man its cold... brrrrr... Brekkie is good, onmlette and toast and some extremely bitter coffee.. Should do the trick. Frans turns up and says some of the guys wana head out to get some clothes so we arrange a time to meet back here...

Getting outside and seeing the crazyness is awesome. I'm so pumped for the day!! There is SO much to take on its like being back in India again, I'm loving it, but I need some clothes asap! We start walking towards a market thats marked on the map which isn't too far, but there is so much to take in.. You can't walk the pavements there's just too much on them, your getting beeped at all the time, you just gotta walk! We walk past some food stalls and notice that there is dog thats been cooked and just lying there ready to be bought, totally sick, can't even look! grooooooss!!!!

Can't get anything in this market, its far too expensive.. Just insane. i mean its cheap for us if you convert, but I tend to think in local currency and figure out my budget that way it just seems too much.. So Bini and I stroll off in search of shops as opposed to markets in the hope they'd have fixed prices cos they sure don't like to bargin here! We walk around which seems to take forever, and all the streets look the same... We find some awesome Chinese temples just dotted around the streets which was nice, and un expected. We end up finding nothing though, so walk back to the market, but its still stupidly expensive.. I find a army shop and want a coat from there, and its 600,000VND which is like $30, which is good value, but again hhmm bit much in local currency.. I give up at this point and we head back towards the hostel via some food- We find an ok priced place, and order. It just rank, I can't eat it.. Then when we come to pay they try charging me 15,000VND for a water, when in the shops its 5,000.. I'm getting stressed with this constant battle with money!!! We walk around for a bit longer, hoping to find something but we don't and head back to the hostel i need a moy!

Waking up after my moy was good, but still sleepy... We head over to the other hostel where the boys are and the free beers:) Stijn and Nancy end up having a sleep themselves and arrange to meet us later. So the rest of us head out to get some food. We find a nice bit of street food, but we all hardly get under the table they're so small.. I'm sitting with  my legs so spred it actually hurts! haha. The food ended up being really good, but still not spicy enough! I miss Thailand for its for its food for sure! We walk towards some bars and get given a random flyer for some bar with free cocktails and laughing gas.. DOOONE! We head there but its dead, but we get our drinks and its not too bad after a few.. Nancy & Stijn arrive a bit later and we all do some balloons together:) I'm gona miss these guys!!!!! Its been a month and its nearly over, they're going to Ha Long Bay or Sapa and I'm off to HAiphong then to Catba for some work (if it works out)

Stijn somehow manages to waggle a free shisha! Super happy cos we've been going on about it for ages, and its always been so expensive! The manager even gives us free shots, the nights going well. But I'm sad/happy sad.. Talking with Frans & Stijn about our adventures was nice..

Hannah finds out there is like a dance floor upstairs, so we head up there.. Bini is so drunk at this point bless her, she's getting looooose! WE are quite drunk at this point, we're taking photos, and hugging and i cry... Man I'm gona miss them... At the end of the night the police come up to close the bar down and we're told there is an afterparty. So we hang around to find the details out. But by this point Bini is needing to be taken home- So Stijn, Nancy, Frans & I take her. Dom & Hannah get in a cab to this bar, and we get the address so we're able to catch up later... Along the way though Bini drops her purse and its just snatched up by a guy and she bolts towards the car, but its gone. SHIT! We get back and tell her to sort it out when she gets up, so Nancy & I put her in my bed cos there is noway she can make the climb to the top bunk.. and head on out.. Walking out though I just can't help but pinch a beer from the fridge which is right by the door and not even locked! IIIDDDDIOTS!! hehehe...

We get to this address, but can't see anything.. We get out anyway and walk up the street.. Hearing music we're like aaahh we found it...? We haven't but we can do kareoke! Done. They take us into the lift and to a booth and get us some beers. MAN IT WAS HILARIOUS, like Chiang Mai all over again.. Super hilarious, we even get the vengaboys!!! AH such a good time, hilarious!! We're all ontop of the sofas screaming away into the mics.. Frans even falls asleep at somepoint.. I have no idea what the time is?!

Having a few problems with money- They're trying to charge us for the "time" of the room, which they didn't warn us about.. Typical. Bless Nancy she can speak a bit of Veitnamse and we end up paying a small fee and the beers. When we go to leave the boys head towards the lift, but I notice the way out is just next to us?! Odd, why did they take us into a lift? Makes me feel that they were trying to confuse us cos they could see we were totally smashed! Very odd.. Nancy & I are obsessing over KFC, like going wild for it! Can't find 1 but find a small street cafe open.. At 4am! Geeze.. The food was ok, still not spicy! aaaargh! Layer on some chilli oil, but its not the same.. :(

We grab a cab back, and head to bed..

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.