Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Run to BKK

THAILAND | Wednesday, 16 January 2013 | Views [216]

So leaving Phuket was easy than I thought. Spent the day at the beach soaking up the rays and enjoying the sea as it may be the last time for a while. Managed to book a bus for 529B after looking for the bus station for agggges... Its so much cheaper to do things in person as some places were charging 1,400B inc a minibus to the bus terminal!

After the beach I grabbed my bag, said farewell to Geoff and waited on the main road for the songtao.. A guy offered me a lift on his scooter to the top of the road where there are more buses which was nice of him, but the bus came right away... It was easy took 1hr to get there, so leaving early was stupid! There wasn't even any traffic which is strange as there is ALWAYS traffic on this road.. Nevermind.. Paid only 30B for the bus which was awesome, as a taxi would of cost 5-600B! 

After waiting for 2hours for the bus I get on and they give us blankets, biscuits and water! :) Bit annoyed though cos the shut the lights off and I couldn't read my book..

After having a bit of a sleep I wake up and we're approaching BKK, it kinda reminds me of London coming over the bridge... Once I get to the bus station I notice quite quickly that there are no public buses or trains, so I gotta get a taxi- After being hounded I get 1 for 450B.. I get taken over to where to ute is parked and there are loads of drunk men offering me beer from the bank of the ute! haha...

We drive around for 2hours cos the cab driver had no idea where he was going. We eventually have to pull into a internet cafe to get directions and we find it (we even had to call the hostel to get them to help out!) It was so annoying, but I get there. 

The hostel is a squat and its pretty chilled, get shown my bed and I go downstairs and charge my phone. I meet a chilled guy from the U.S and et invited to join him and this other guy from Germany on there day trip round the temples which was nice.. We firstly go upstairs to the roof and smoke, chill up there for a bit- 2guys still up from the night before, 1 kewi girl and a French guy, both really nice..

I go back downstairs, and my phones gone- robbed within 1hour of be being there. The guy in reception is pretty upset cos he said there were 2 girls in here that didn't stay and he didn't like the look of them, and they had been there earlier in the day.. But i mean what can I do!? Its locked so good luck to them to open it, and the stupid bitches didn't even take the charger?! hahaha...

we head off down to the river boats, and it is hoooot. We stop off for some beers for the walk and get down to the pier, its pretty cool, but the water is filthy! We get on the boat and its pretty busy, 15B a ticket and we go up stream, its pretty cool and there are looads of temples. Got quite paranoid about the water splashing me cos I've head stories of backpackers getting splashed in the face and been ill for days afterwards!

We get off and walk to some temples. 1 that we stopped off at had a turtle garden and it was so tranquil it was lovely. They're mostly Chinese buddist and so old.. Really enjoyed them and MASSIVE statues of gold buddha inside. We walk along the riverside for a bit and find some cheap beers and decided to sit on the bridge and play some drinking games.. we make one up with dice in the end cos it ws too breezy with cards. It was a right laugh- we are actually quite loose.. we walk around for ages trying to find a toilet and I end up asking some1 to go in their house, haha... 

We get to this other temple and I have to wear a skirt cos I'm wearing short shorts which is fine... Its rainbow coloured:) You can climb up the temple and its a pretty awesome view... The steps are sooo steep as well, and being a bit tipsy gave us to challenges. haha.

We head off to get some food, get a really good Pad Thai and we all fall into a food coma... We get back and decide we may aswell just start drinking the spirits. We get some vodka from the 7/11 and start our drinking games.

Boy i am drunk.

Next thing i know me and Lucas have gotten into a cab and heading to khaosan road.. Its not what i was expecting at all. Not sure I like it?? haha, but we get some buckets and get loose walking up and down the road.

I decided I'm drunk enough for a tattoo and decide to get 2012 in the buddist calendar in Thai on my ribs.. I duno if i'm that drunk cos it wasn't too painful haha.. Lucas is there filming it (which i don't find out till the next day when I look through my camera!)

After god knows how many hours of drinking we head back to the hostel and there isn't much going on, so we just drink on the roof and head to bed around maybe 6am??? 

But maaaan waking up the next day and not remember i got a tattoo was rather funny- and I couldn't even find it!!!!!!

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.