Existing Member?

Bill's Big Trip "Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do, nothing to kill or die for. Imagine all the people living life in peace. Imagine all the people sharing all the world. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one." John Lennon

South Africa 2

SOUTH AFRICA | Tuesday, 26 August 2014 | Views [253]

I'm  leaving Cape Town and South Africa tomorrow and heading north to Namibia. 20 short hours on the bus and I'll be in the capital of  Namibia.  I enjoyed South Africa, it reminded me a lot of southern California, I'm looking forward to heading north and seeing the Africa that I have fantasized about. I'm not expecting to see Tarzan but I wouldn't mind running into Jane. Since the last posting I did a little more mountain biking, went on a wine tour, attempted to hike Table Mountain and took the boat ride to see the sharks. I saw a great white at the end of the trip, I didn't have a chance to get in the cage. No regrets the water was very cold for the folks in wetsuits. The shark was huge guessing 12 to 15 feet, just massive. Once-in-a-lifetime experience glad I did it. 

About lipowcan8

A quick recap. I visited 19 countries in 212 days, traveled 46,000 miles by air,15,000 miles by land and spent about $25,000. My feet got beat up a few times and I twisted my ankle a couple of times.  No plane, train, car, bus, tuk tuk or taxi mishaps, not even a fender bender. I wasn't threatened or harassed and amazingly enough I didn't lose anything. It's hard to believe seven months have passed. As I said in my first entry.....a wonderful way to celebrate 60 years of living. It sure was!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.