Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Spice belly in Singapore

SINGAPORE | Saturday, 8 September 2012 | Views [718]

You know you've found a good biryani restaurant when the lady taking your order simply asks one question. "Mutton, chicken or vegetarian?" 

On our trip out to Little India we discovered plenty of options around town whilst hiking it all around the area, using our noses as the guide for the best place to eat. I noticed alot of cafes where there were a distinct lack of gender diversity (read: only men in the place) and whilst that's no problem for me, it might have been uncomfortable for the lads themselves - so we decided to keep on walking down until we hit Bismillah Biryani on Dunlop Street. Written up in the LP guide and apparently rated the "best Biryani in Singapore" by google, it was fairly low-key and just smelled wonderful.

When we sat down and were only given 3 choices, we knew we were in the right place! Two plates of amazing biryani, 2 glasses of ice cold lime water and many crunchy papadums later we sat back and enjoyed what has come to be known as "spice belly" on the trip - that magical feeling you get after an awesome spicy (always simple and fresh) meal. 

I LOVE BIRYANI.

I LOVE BIRYANI.

Tags: biryani, eating, indian food

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.