Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Day 107 - Arrived in Spain

SPAIN | Friday, 4 May 2007 | Views [1049] | Comments [1]

Q: How do you know you have left Brazil and entered Spain?

A: When the portuguese becomes spainsh, the temperature drops from 30 degrees to 16 degrees and the price of a taxi to your hostel from the airport triples!

Seriously, Spain is a cool place from what ive seen so far. The airport in Madrid is amazing! Like a mini city where you catch a metro train from your arrival gate to the baggage collection area, and they city that I have seen looks expansive and as European as i´ve ever laid eyes on.

Im staying in a quaint university lodging house for girls/women in the suburb next to the centro, and everythings connected via the metro - so its easy to go exploring and very fast!

There are so many things to see and do here, I kind of don´t know where to start but I definitely want to see the Real Madrid home stadium and also visit some of the galleries and churches that I have read about here.

In a few days i´ll be hiiting the road again en route to Barcelona for a longer stay. There are many more things that I am interested in seeing there, so thats where all the action for me will be.

Signing off with a scarf (instead of a beach towel!) from Madrid

xoxox Lani

The best airport ive visited si far

The best airport ive visited si far

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

hey lani,
glad to hear you made it to ehh spain okaya.
love you
megsie xoxoxo

  meegan May 7, 2007 10:42 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.