Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Day 41 - Plane food

ECUADOR | Tuesday, 27 February 2007 | Views [1161]

Well, I spent a day on planes today. Leaving Buenos Aires at 5am in a thunderstorm didnt feel like a good start though.

We were delayed for an hour and I thought I had missed my connection to Ecuador, but I was soooooo tired from the early start that I didnt have energy to worry! I had faith that somehow it would all work out in the end.

I arrived in Lima, Peru to see a 100m strip of the airport before running yo board another plane to Quito, Ecuador. I arrived safe and sound this afternoon, have sorted accomodation, food and transport like a seasoned traveller. There are 2 parts to the city of Quito - the new quarter and the old quarter. The new quarter is where im staying initially as it has better access to facilities for booking my stay in Galapagos, but the old sector has more "tourist sightseeing" activities so I will explore there.

I dont know whether the plane food is getting better, or whether my standards for what constitutes "good food" are slipping, but I did enjoy my 2 servings of ham and cheese sandwiches today - one for breakfast and one for lunch. When you fly with LAN airlines they really like to stick to what they know & they know ham & cheese.

Anyway, my next few days here in Quito will be spent arranging my tours for Galapagos Islands and then flying out there to get on a boat and see them for myself! Can´t wait to let you all know how it goes.

Take care,

Lani

Good old LAN airlines

Good old LAN airlines

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.