Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Days 29 & 30 - The plazas of Mendoza

ARGENTINA | Friday, 16 February 2007 | Views [1249]

Hola mi amigos!

Well, my stay in Mendoza has come to an end and i´m sad to go! What a wonderful week i´ve had filled with Spanish classes, Hostel Lao, ice-cream, shopping and just relaxing! Onwards to Bariloche, down south, where its meant to be cooler so the thermals might come in handy!

Last night the whole hostel got together and put on a big parilla/asado/bbq for everyone which was awesome! We drank loads of the local produce - Malbec (red wine) - which you can buy for less than  bottle of water here! Stayed up a little late (5am) before starting class at 8.30am..... and today at Spanish school we also had a massive asado for lunch so my iron levels are through the roof! What great steak they have here!

Yesterday I spent about 5 hours wandering the plazas of Mendoza. The plazas here are wonderful oasis´in the city centro. A square filed with trees, fountains & plenty of bench seats to relax. Here, they are all named after countries so I visited Plaza España, Plaza Chile and Plaza Italia. No Plaza Newcastle yet but there´s still space for one!

Today has been quite cold here - topped only 15 degrees so everyone is walking round in scarves and ponchos (quite a look let me tell you!). To warm up this afternoon Mike (our hostel owner), me and a few of the lads have been sitting around drinking cups of tea here as I splurged and bought a pack of Lipton tea bags (3.50pesos so less than a $1AUD) and its really nice to have good, strong tea!

Well, onto Bariloche tonight on a 20 hour bus trip - woohoo! But I am travelling cama which is the most comfy. The iPod is charged and I have a new book so all is well.

Share more adventures when i get to the next stop!

Lani

Plaza España in Mendoza que rico!

Plaza España in Mendoza que rico!

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.