Existing Member?

Europe 2017

Ed's Favorite French Food

FRANCE | Monday, 28 August 2017 | Views [489]

Tielle sétoise   People often ask what "our" favorite French food is.I thought you might enjoy seeing Ed's. Twenty years ago, a friend in Sete introduced himto this local delicacy. About five years ago, a company in Sete started to distribute them throughout the country. So, Ed can enjoy them all summer long!

Servings: 4 to 5

Ingredients:
- 1 kg of calamari
- 1 kg flour
- 250 g tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of pepper

Dough
Make a simple bread dough with flour, water and a pinch of yeast.

Stuffing
Cook the calamari in a court bouillon. Fry the julienne-cut onion in a pan with a little olive oil. 
Add garlic, parsley and tomato paste. Fry. 
Moisten with white wine and a little water. Add salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes. 
When the octopuses are cooked, run them under water and cut into pieces. 
When the sauce has slightly reduced, add the octopus, bay leaf, a hint of pepper. 
Cook ¼ hour until thickened.
Spread the dough into a large rectangle and cut two round pieces of 30 cm in diameter. 
Place the first piece in a mold of around 28 cm in size. 
Garnish with stuffing, and place the second circle of dough as a cover.
Seal the edges with a little water. To seal the edges, lance around the circumference of the two circles with a knife every 2,5 cm then interleave the strips of pastry. 
Brush top with olive oil. 
Bake 15 mn at gas mark 7.
The tielle is ready when it is a healthy yellow or orange colour.

Best wines to accompany this dish:
Vin de Pays d'Oc, rosé

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.